If you could change one thing about Washington, D.C., what would it be?
✓ Politicians taking the most vulnerable Americans as political hostages
✓ Federal officials exempting themselves and their friends from the laws we have to obey
It's hard to pick just one, isn't it? Did you know that Springfield has the power to do something about these kinds of abuses? Watch the 2-minute video above and then tell your General Assembly members that you want them to take action!
Here's how YOU can be part of the solution:
- Sign our on-line petition at www.COSaction.com. You can use your personal supporter link below to tell your friends about COS via email and social media.
- Follow us at www.Facebook.com/COS.Illinois and Twitter.com/COSIllinois.
- Reach out to your state legislators personally and ask them to support HJR 32:
- Find out who they are here. Be sure to enter your complete address.
- Access talking points here.
- Phone your legislators, or better yet, write a paper letter. This is very attention-getting because so few people do it anymore.
- Schedule a face-to-face meeting with your legislators. Our Legislative Liaison, Vickie Deppe, is happy to accompany you if you'd like. You can reach Vickie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up as a volunteer: passing out literature, writing a letter to the editor, and hosting an info session are just some of the ways you can help spread the word about the Convention of States Project. Sign up here and we'll get you plugged in.
- Join our team as a District Captain: we need a District Captain in every Illinois State House District who will commit to finding 100 people in their district willing to contact their state legislators in support of the Convention of States resolution, HJR 32. Click here to apply.