- Our natural rights do not come from government
- Natural rights include life, liberty, and property
- Government is instituted to protect or secure our natural rights
- The government derives its power from the people
- Our natural rights are limited by the duty imposed upon us by the natural rights of others in a free society
- Our natural rights impose the same duty upon the government
- Governments may grant legal rights and privileges
- The rights and privileges granted by government should not infringe upon natural rights
Addressing Objections to an Article V Convention of the States
- Objections to an Article V Convention come from both the Left and the Right.
- Objections typical start with the false premise that and Article V Convention and a Constitutional Convention are the same thing.
- Nullification is neither in the Constitution nor a practical solution.
- The Constitution is being held hostage and assaulted by the federal officials who have sworn to preserve, protect, and defend it.
A Solution as Big as the Problem
- The solution to an out of control federal government is an Article V Convention of the States to propose amendments
- The process is primarily controlled by the states
- Congress has a minimal role in the process
- An Article V Convention of the States to propose amendments will trigger a constitutional revival
"Every member of the State ought diligently to read and to study the constitution of his country, and teach the rising generation to be free. By knowing their rights, they will sooner perceive when they are violated and be the better prepared to defend and assert them."
- John JayRead more
- America is no longer the land of the free
- The size, scope, and power of the Federal Government is the primary cause of the eroding of our freedom
- The checks and balances of our Federal Constitutional Republic have been eroded
- We the people are the final check and balance
- The solution is found in Article V of the constitution
Paul Phillips Region Captain, of Fort Wayne had a great interview with Pat Miller on the WOWO radio show on May 11, 2017
Congratulations to Dale Parrish, Region Captain, of Fort Wayne who was invited on the Pat Miller show on March 31st.
The Indiana Convention of States Team continues to build the grassroots and educate the public regarding Article V of the Constitution.
INDIANA VOTES TO RETURN POWER BACK TO HOOSIERS – BECOMES THE 6TH STATE TO CALL FOR AN ARTICLE V CONVENTION OF STATES TO REIN IN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
INDIANAPOLIS, IN, March 1—Indiana’s 119th General Assembly made history as the House passed Senate Joint Resolution 14 (SJR14) with the final vote 61-36, calling for a Convention of States to propose amendments under Article V of the United States Constitution. The resolution, drafted by the Convention of States Project (COSP), calls for a convention to propose amendments on the following topics: “impose fiscal restraints on the federal government, limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and limit the terms of office for its officials and for members of Congress.”Read more
Earlier this week we were treated to a visit by COS Co-Founder Michael Farris as he testified in our committee hearing. Other Hoosiers from around the state including Purdue college students testified as well. The committee members listened and and gave us a resounding 9-3 victory!