Join us for a Convention of States rally at the Virginia State Capitol!
When: Thursday, January 28, 2016, at 10:00 a.m.
Where: Richmond State Capitol Square, Bell Tower, 1000 Bank St., Richmond, VA 23219.
Let’s Rally together and urge Virginia’s Delegates and Senators to vote "YES" and call for a Convention of States to rein in the federal government.
- Michael Farris, National Director of the Convention of States Project.
- U.S. Senator Tom Coburn.
- Sponsors of our resolution (HJR 3) from Virginia’s House and Senate.
Map of the Bell Tower and Capitol Buildings
Visitor’s Guide to the Capitol ‐ near the intersection of 9th and Bank Streets.
- Please arrive 10‐15 minutes prior to the Rally’s 10:00 a.m. start time.
- The Rally will last 40‐45 minutes.
- Rain or shine. It’s January and the Rally is outdoors — dress accordingly!
- Bring a light‐weight collapsible chair if you desire seating during the Rally.
- No food or beverages, please!
Check for Rally updates ‐ www.cosaction.com/virginia
After the Rally, we will break into small groups and visit Legislator offices in the General Assembly Building. We will give you all the information you need. After that, the day is yours. Capitol tours are free and worth the time (www.virginiacapitol.gov, and the Visitor’s Guide to the Capitol).
Can’t attend the Rally? You can still participate! On Rally Day, call and email your Delegate and Senator. Ask them to vote “YES” for the Convention of States resolution HJR 3.
- Who’s My Legislator? ‐ http://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov Information: email@example.com
- Live-streaming video on Rally Day here: @COSProject
- Virginia’s COS Resolution http://www.cosaction.com/cos_resolution_pre_filed_in_virginia
- Sign the Petition that will be sent to your Legislator. http://www.cosaction.com
Google map and directions