SAVE THE DATE: JANUARY 26, 2017
With legislative session only a few days away, I am optimistic about our prospects of passing the COS application in 2017. Why? Because of the strong team we have created this year! We have thousands of Virginia Patriots who have raised their hand and volunteered to help us pass our resolution.
I would like to have as many of you as possible plan to join me in Richmond to deliver COS educational articles to legislators. I can’t wait for you to see some of the great materials we will be providing them. I am requesting every volunteer to attend and bring 10 of your friends with you!
Convention of States Virginia
Rally for the Republic!
It's time to Rally together and urge Virginia’s Senators to vote "YES" and call for a Convention of States to rein in the federal government!
- When: Thursday, January 26, 2016, at 10:00 a.m.
- Where: Richmond State Capitol Square, Bell Tower. 101 North 9th St, Richmond VA
All are invited! Rally information: http://www.cosaction.com/jan2017_rally_day
- Mark Meckler, President of COSAction
- Rita Dunaway, Constitutional Lawyer and Legislative Liaison for COSAction
- Virginia’s House and Senate sponsors of our resolution
Now is Virginia’s time! It is TIME for our State Legislators to use the solution the Founders gave to them to rein in our out-of-control federal government!
You know the Federal Government is on a dangerous course. Unsustainable debt, crushing regulations on states and businesses, and over-reaching executive orders and court rulings -- it’s a sure recipe for disaster. And their power grabs are only accelerating. Our Founders anticipated that the federal government might one day become corrupt and exceed the bounds they established for it. They included the solution in the Constitution -- Article V Convention of States!
Our Legislators have the ability and the obligation to rein in the federal government and restore our Republic! They must vote YES and call for the Article V Convention of States.
Join us in Richmond for the Rally for the Republic! Virginia’s State Legislators will vote on calling for a Convention of States in the next couple weeks. Bring your family and friends to the Rally for the Republic!
This summer we held the first ever simulated Convention of States!! Check out the endorsements from Presidential candidates, constitutional scholars, organizations, and nationally recognized conservatives.
Map of the Bell Tower and Capitol Buildings
- Visitor’s Guide to the Capitol - The Bell Tower is near the intersection of 9th and Bank Streets.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the Rally’s 10:00 a.m. start time.
- The Rally will last 40-45 minutes.
- Rain or shine. It’s January and the Rally is outdoors — dress accordingly!
- Bring a light-weight collapsible chair if you desire seating during the Rally.
- No food or beverages, please!
- No drones
After the Rally, we will break into groups and visit Legislator offices in the General Assembly Building. We will give you all the information you need.
Can’t attend the Rally? You can still participate! On Rally Day, call and email your state Delegate and Senator. Ask them to vote “YES” for the Convention of States resolution HJR 547.
- Who’s My Legislator?
- Spread the word!
- COS VA Facebook
- COS VA State Director Twitter
- COS National Facebook
- COS National Twitter
Learn about the Convention of States Project:
- The Plan to Restore America. (3 minute video)
- The Founder’s solution for times such as these.
- Why it will succeed.