The Nation is Looking for Texas to Lead on the Convention of States!
- The Time is Now! - Quick Overview of COS for the 85th Texas Legislative Session
The Convention Courier, Issue #3 - Quarterly National COS periodical
- Note Page 5, ...See How COS is in Action in Texas
- Note Page 8, Photo taken on the North Steps of the Texas Capitol on December 6, 2016
- Since publication, 2 more states have passed the Convention of States Resolution, bringing the total number of "passed" states to 10:
- North Dakota
- 5-6 more States are working through their legislative process right now; Texas should join these 10 or more states within the next 3-5 weeks!
Since 2014, the Convention of States Texas and the Republican Party of Texas have supported the Convention of States resolution!
- 2014 RPT Platform Plank
- 84th Legislative Session - HJR 77 voted favorably out of the Texas House, 80-61
- January 8, 2016 - Governor Abbott declares full support
- 2016 RPT Legislative Priority
- January 31, 2017 - Governor Abbott designates the Convention of States one of four Emergency Items for the 85th Legislative Session
- Lieutenant Governor Patrick declares SB21/SJR2 as Senate Legislative Priorities for the 85th Legislative Session
- February 16, 2017 - Senate State Affairs Committee votes favorably on SB21/SJR2 - 6-2
- February 28, 2017 - The full Texas Senate votes favorably on SB21/SJR2 - 20-11
- Texas House Companion Bill HJR 39 - 73 Total Authors (as of April 2, 2017)
Texans endorsing the Convention of States:
- David Barton and Rick Green (Wallbuilders) - Statement of Support
- Lt. Col. Allen West
- Governor Greg Abbott
- Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick
- Texas GOP Chairman Tom Mechler
- Over 117,000 grassroots supporters (as of April 2, 2017)
The Texas Grassroots are what sets the Convention of States apart from all other Article V movements. Here are some of the recent highlights:
- September 13, 2016 - House Interim Hearing, Invited Testimony Only - 305 Convention of States Texas supporters at the Capitol, filling the main committee room AND TWO overflow rooms!
- December 6, 2016 - COS Advocacy Day at the Capitol, celebrating the pre-filing of HJR 39 and SJR 2. More than 350 Convention of States Texas supporters at the Capitol. They were joined by Governor Greg Abbott, who addressed the COS supporters for 12 minutes at the Capitol auditorium!
- January 31, 2017 - More than 400 Convention of States Texas supporters fill the House Gallery to hear Governor Abbott declare COS an Emergency Item. Reports from 1st floor offices in the East Wing of the Capitol claim they heard the crowd roars from the 3rd floor of the West Wing!!
- February 16, 2017 - Texas Senate State Affairs Committee Hearing - more than 60 Convention of States Texas supporters at the Capitol to testify/register, on less than 72 hours notice!
- Senator Brian Birdwell shares his experience working with, and observing, the Convention of States Texas Grassroots
- Texas COS Grassroots Leaders share their experience of the last three years
For further information, and to sign on in support of the Convention of States:
- Please visit our website, www.conventionofstates.com
- Check out the first ever Article V Simulated Convention, including Texas' own Matt Rinaldi proposing the repeal of the 16th amendment
- For more detailed answers to common questions, visit our Surge Article library
- Texas Convention of States Website
Texas State Co-Directors:
Paul Hodson, email@example.com, (817) 975-8772
Tamara Colbert, firstname.lastname@example.org, (626) 244-5571