December 5, 2017
I have scoped out the Pocahontas Building where the General Assembly will have their offices during the 2018 session.
Here is a picture of the directory for their offices.
November 10, 2017
COS VA Leaders,
Our mission has not changed. We are building the most effective grassroots organization in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
See the video below.
What do we need you to do?
1. Reach out to the people in your district. Connect on social media. Get to know them. We have a lot of work to do and you need to build your army. Talk. Meet for coffee. Get together. Pick up the phone.
2. Go speak face-to-face with your state legislators. Bring groups of constituents with you or go encourage them to each go individually. Get your legislators to agree to sponsor our resolution. Can't meet? At least call and talk to them.
3. Bring 10 people with you to Rally Day on January 18, 2018. You can reach out to people at organizations you belong to such as church, school, work, political party committees, farm bureaus, elks lodge, veterans groups, etc.
Convention of States Virginia
August 10, 2017
While Senator Tom Coburn’s in the process of Smashing the D.C. Monopoly, he had to respond to George Soros’ attacks on the Convention of States. He told WND that Soros and his organizations are getting worried because the Convention of States movement in gaining traction. Coburn said, “They’re socialists and Marxists and elitists, and they would like to see the government control everything rather than individuals have liberty and freedom, and the do not want any power devolved from Washington because they can have better control over it there.” You can read our article here. Coburn is right. The number of supporters in Virginia has more then doubled in the last year. Leaders are stepping up all across the Commonwealth to help us organize our thousands of volunteers.
Does January seem like a long way away? The Virginia General Assembly will be back in session in about 5 months. We want citizens from all over Virginia to go meet with their legislators right now in their district offices and let them know you expect them to support our resolution. We also need you to sign up to go to Richmond during session. Please send us an email at email@example.com with the subject line “I will go to Richmond during the 2018 session.”
It’s time to get busy! Go make friends and spread the message of self-governance through an Article V Amendment Proposing Convention of States. Our country needs us to unite for the purpose of imposing fiscal restraint and limits on the federal government and to place term limits on federal officials. To do this we must educate and influence our State Legislators. I have recorded a short video to explain.
We are now up to 12 states who have called for a Convention of States which will rein in federal overreach! So we are 1/3 of the way there. We need Virginia to join with these liberty-loving states!
Get involved: We need leaders to step up now! Be a leader! We are currently seeking media liaisons, coalitions directors, legislative liaisons, and tech managers at the regional level. (Note: The job descriptions at the link above show “state” level positions, but we will put you in the regional level.) we are also recruiting folks to join the Follow Up Team, Chat Team, QRT and Social Media Warriors. We are also looking for people to meet with and call their State Legislator, recruit volunteers by forming their own local groups, help with events across the state, write letters to the editor and much more. There is something for everyone to do!
What are we all about? Building the most effective grassroots organization in the Commonwealth of Virginia that will join with others states to restore the sovereignty of the people by educating and influencing the General Assembly of Virginia to pass our COS resolution to invoke Article V of the U.S. Constitution. Then, influence the legislators to select delegates to the convention, and ratify the amendments.
COS VA in the News:
COS volunteers have been active across the state promoting awareness about how using Article V is the rightful remedy to address a runaway federal government.
Natural Bridge Open HouseJune 15
Chesapeake Top Party COS Presentation June 15
Radford Spirit of America CelebrationJuly 4
Albemarle County FairAug 3-5
Portsmouth Republican Committee COS Presentation Aug 14
New Kent County FairAug 11-13
Rockingham County FairAug 14-19
Russell County Fair Sept 2-9
May 7, 2017
The point of building the most effective grassroots organization in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is to educate and influence our State Legislators to rein in the federal government that will join with other states to restore the sovereignty of the people. In keeping with our rich history of national leadership in the state of Virginia, we see our state playing a key role as part of the national COS strategy. Through effective and broad-based grassroots involvement, Chris Walker, State Director, gives insights as to how to make this work.
What State Legislators (SLs) do:
- Small staff/ Small businesses
- Meet constituents
- Provide services
- Host/attend events
How your SL thinks:
- Are they pro-COS or anti-COS
- Actions you can take that they care about
- Location/phone number
- Schedule a meeting
- Try the “pop in”
- Have materials and maybe some goodies
- Talk to staff
- Share your actions
Where's the Convention of States Handbook? COS Handbook
Podcast from Chris Walker
Please listen to it here: [Link]
Outline of Podcast- April 22, 2017
- In order to build the most effective grassroots organization in the Commonwealth of Virginia, we have to think local. Chris Walker, State Director, gives insights as to how to make that work.
- Vision: To build the most effective grassroots organization in the Commonwealth of Virginia that will join with others states to restore the sovereignty of the people.
- Mission: Educate and influence the General Assembly of Virginia to invoke Article V of the U.S. Constitution.
- Goals: Pass the COS resolution in 2018, influence the legislators to select delegates to the convention, and ratify the amendments.
- Objectives: 100 active District Captains (DCs) -1 per House District- and each DC have 100 active volunteers in their district
- State Leaders: State Director, Grassroots Coordinators, Legislative Liaisons, Media Liaisons, Coalition Directors, and State Data Managers
- Regional Captains: 4 in NOVA, Shenandoah, Roanoke/SWVA, Richmond, VA Beach, Tidewater, Northern Neck
- House Districts- District Captains
- Volunteers: County, City, Precinct leaders, and ambassadors to other local orgs
Identify or organize your local group.
Visit this page: Get Local
Should I Form a Group?
- Ten or so people (but even fewer is a fine start!) who are geographically nearby
- There may already be a group you can join
- A commitment from those people to devote a couple hours per month to promote our resolution to call for a Convention of States to end federal overreach
How do I form a group?
- Decide you’re going to start a local group
- Identify a few additional co-founders
- Email your contacts and post a message on your Facebook page
- Invite everyone who has expressed interest to an in-person kickoff meeting
How do I recruit people to take action?
- Manage the meeting
- Decide on a name
- Volunteer for roles
- How will you communicate?
Are you a veteran?
Thank you for your service to our country! We are the land of the free because of the brave and our nation owes you a debt of gratitude. We ask that you join our COS VA Vets Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know you want to help influence your SLs. Our COS VA Vets Team is reaching out to veteran organizations in their communities. Please join today! We would love for you to form your own local COS Vets group.
Already have a group?
Reach out to our Coalitions Director at email@example.com. We're creating a directory of groups that are like-minded. We'll also be sending updates to those group leaders to help build local action plans.
What would I do if I thought I might succeed? What goals would I set if I knew I could not fail? What price would I be willing to Pay? What sacrifice am I willing to make?
--Rev. Jerry Falwell