South Dakota's Convention of States resolution, HJR1002, just passed the House State Affairs Committee by a 10-3 vote! We now move to the floor for a vote in the House of Representatives.
Need a quick refresher on why calling a Convention of States is so important? Watch this short video.
There are three important steps you can take to help ensure that the Convention of States resolution passes on the House Floor.
STEP 1 - Call the main capitol and leave a message for your State Rep asking that they vote in favor of HJR1002.
A page will write down your message and deliver it directly to your state legislator's desk, so this is an incredibly effective way to make your voice heard.
- Click here to find out who's your state house representative.
- Then call 605-773-3251 to leave a message for your legislator.
STEP 2 - Send a personalized email to your state house representative asking that they vote in favor of HJR1002.
Here are a few quick and easy tips for writing your email.
- Click here to look up contact information for your state house representative.
- Personalize your email! Legislator's place more value on a personal note expressing why this legislation is important to you much more than a form email.
- Include your name and address so they know that you live in their district.
- Need a quick refresher on why calling a Convention of States is so important? Watch this short video!
STEP 3 - Click on the button below to send an email to ALL the state representatives who will be voting on this critical legislation.
If you do not have time to write emails, you can click on an email generator button below to email all of them at once. Keep in mind this method is less desirable and won't always work on your computer/phone.
- Please change the subject line, but make sure "HJR1002" is still included
- Feel free to alter the email to make it more personalized. Include reason why YOU think we need to limit the power of Washington, D.C!
- Make sure to sign your name at the bottom!